Social Dancing is Fun!
Approximately one-thousand students participate in our affiliated Social Dance programs annually. Our highly successful classes are located in Wellesley, Weston/Wayland, Dover/Sherborn, Hingham, and Cohasset, as well as independent schools. Parents understand the value of social skills training. For students, the Assemblies are a social event! Dancing provides the vehicle by which we teach and reinforce good manners.
2018-19 schedule to be announced soon
Given outside influences, it may seem practically impossible to instill good, old-fashioned values in children.~ Parents Magazine
Having manners sets people apart and opens doors in the competitive world of student placements and job search.~ Civility Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Every class includes party dances and games with prizes.
- Social Savvy is a fresh approach to etiquette.
- The dress code is jacket and tie for boys and party attire for girls. White gloves are optional.
- Classes are highly structured and well supervised.
- Classes include instruction in traditional as well as contemporary dances.
- Social Dance is a stand out childhood memory!
"Courtesy, kindness and respect are among the most overlooked elements of achieving success."
Susan Cole, Boston Assemblies
- Social Savvy for the Table: Dining Skills for 8-12 Year Olds offers age appropriate instructive dining experiences. The importance of technology manners are also covered. Dining Skills take place at the Wellesley College Club by separate subscription.
- Social Savvy Tips is a website blog whose purpose is to extend the spirit of our social skills program home by posting important character building concepts addressed in class, motivating quotes, and meaningful material.