Social Dancing is Fun!
Approximately one-thousand students participate in our affiliated Social Dance programs annually. Our highly successful classes are located in Wellesley, Weston/Wayland, Dover/Sherborn, Hingham, and Cohasset, as well as independent schools. Parents understand the value of social skills training. For students, the Assemblies are a social event! Dancing provides the vehicle by which we teach and reinforce good manners.
2019 schedule is now posted for Weston
Given outside influences, it may seem practically impossible to instill good, old-fashioned values in children.~ Parents Magazine
Having manners sets people apart and opens doors in the competitive world of student placements and job search.~ Civility Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Every class includes party dances and games with prizes.
- Social Savvy is a fresh approach to etiquette.
- The dress code is jacket and tie for boys and party attire for girls. White gloves are optional.
- Classes are highly structured and well supervised.
- Classes include instruction in traditional as well as contemporary dances.
- Social Dance is a stand out childhood memory!
"Courtesy, kindness and respect are among the most overlooked elements of achieving success."
Susan Cole, Boston Assemblies
- Social Savvy for the Table: Dining Skills for 8-12 Year Olds offers age appropriate instructive dining experiences. The importance of technology manners are also covered. Dining Skills take place at the Wellesley College Club by separate subscription.
- Social Savvy Tips is a website blog whose purpose is to extend the spirit of our social skills program home by posting important character building concepts addressed in class, motivating quotes, and meaningful material.